The Human Area
Business results are delivered by people. And spending much of your life in complex organizations, you are constantly facing the challenge of leading and influencing others. Therefore SSE Russia devotes three modules to the Human Area. The main topics include organizational design, human resource management, group dynamics, and leadership. In the module on Organizations, you learn how to design efficient organizational structures, how organizational culture can be used a management tool, how you create a learning organization, and how you can deal with organizational change. In the module on Human Resource Management, you learn how you can make the most of the existing talent pool in the organization and how you can improve the talent pool. In the module on Leadership, you learn about effective leadership models and improve your skills in decision making, negotiation, and public speech. We present best practices in contemporary business and draw on research on human thinking and behavior in psychology, sociology, economics, and organizational theory. Participants develop their knowledge and skills through problem-based and experiential learning in simulations, case workshops, lectures, and group discussions.
The Human Area persons
Andrew Schenkel Area Principal Human Area
Andrew Schenkel — Bachelor of Economics (the University of Wisconsin), PhD (Stockholm School of Economics), MBA (Imperial College, London). He works at the Faculty of Management and Organization at Stockholm School of Economics. His research interests are organizational learning and networks, in particular - the relationship between networking and inside microprocesses. He teaches organizational design, organizational behavior, HR management, knowledge management and social capital to students and managers in Sweden and abroad. Andrew has extensive international experience. More than ten years he was working at Skanska, where he was, in particular, in the position of administrative director of major infrastructure projects in Lesotho and Zimbabwe and the Director of IT project implementation of new financial accounting system.
Per Hedberg Academic Director at the Stockholm School of Economics, Russia
- Academic Director at the Stockholm School of Economics, Russia
- Area Principal for the Human Area at Stockholm School of Economics, Russia
- Intern Consultant at the Swedish Trade Council
- Commissioned as advisor for the Stockholm Council for Regional Growth, Environment, and Planning
- Assistant Professor in Psychology at Stockholm University
- CEO (and owner) of Pluralis Capital, Sweden
Areas of expertise:
- Memory and learning
- Prejudice and discrimination
- Experimental methods
- Social psychology
- Judgment and decision-making
- Behavioral game theory
- Bargaining and negotiation
- Strategic behavior in social networks
- Organizational behavior
- PhD in Psychology, Columbia University
- PhD in Business Administration, Stockholm School of Economics
Markus Ejenas Teacher
Education management / teaching:
- Course Director and Teacher in Organizational Behaviour, Executive MBA program, Stockholm School of Economics Russia. 40 students. Teaching in English. Responsible for development of all teaching in the organization & leadership area for SSE Russia
- Course Director and Teacher in Organization & Management, Bachelor program, Stockholm School of Economics in Riga, Latvia. 120 students. Teaching in English
- Design of training programme for a group of international IKEA managers. Sub consultant for SamSari AB
- Process analysis in Development of Intranets. Sub consultant for Mira Network AB (www.mira.se)
- Organization Design of Course Administrative Processes. Consulting project for Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship (SSES)
- Evaluation of Course Administrative Processes. Consulting project for Stockholm School of Economics
- Survey of EMU preparedness among Swedish companies. KPMG Management Consulting i Stockholm
- PhD studies, Stockholm School of Economics (SSE). Writing a thesis on learning processes in mergers & acquisitions
- Guest Researcher at ESADE, Barcelona, Spain. ESADE's MBA program is ranked by Business Week as Europe's third best.
- Undertook as one of three teachers at the SSE International Teachers Program, educator training program with participators from HEC, IMD, INSEAD and Stern
- Effective Groups and Leaders". 1 week leadership training focused on small group leadership and development.
- Master of Science in Business Administration, SSE. Majors in Control and Organization & Leadership
Johan Berglund Teacher
- Dr (PhD) at Stockholm School of Economics
- BSc in Business Administration and Economics at Linkopings University, Specialization: Organization and Marketing
- High School diploma in economics and administration, Farsta gymnasium
- Ph.D. in Economics, Stockholm University (Sweden)
- MPhil in critical management, Lancaster University, (England)
- Master of Business Administration, Lund University (Sweden) (USA)
Lena Lid Falkman Teacher
- PhD studies at Stockholm School of Economics. Writing thesis in rhetoric and leadership.
- Studies in rhetoric at University of Iowa, USA.
- Master program in business administration at Uppsala University, also studies in history of ideas, rhetoric and pedagogy.
- Studies in rhetoric, business and English at College of Alameda, USA
- Teacher in rhetoric and ledarship and organization at Stockholm School of Economics,s, USA, both Masters degree and Executive Education.
- Consulting business with coaching and education in the areas of communication and leadership.
- Academic resource in an Experience Sharing group of information managers at IFL (institute for leadership).
- Director at Kuratorskonventet, Uppsala University (spokesperson for 32.000 students).
- Director at Varmlands Studentnation at Uppsala University.
Svetlana Rakutina Teacher
- More then 12 years in Business Education (EMBA Director SKOLKOVO, SSE Russia)
- Teaching areas: Leadership, Coaching, Creativity and Innovations, HR management
- Executive MBA Stockholm School of Economics Russia
- Professional courses
- St.Petersburg Pharmaceutical Academy
Summary of qualification:
Developing open (EMBA) and corporate programs for top managers and business owners; developing unique programs in Innovations/Creativity. Building effective teams; developing strategy
Elena Sidorenko is an Associate Professor at St.Petersburg State University, social psychology department and PhD in psychology. Elena was one of the founders of Stockholm School of Economics in Russia and worked as EMBA program director. Also, she held courses on Motivation. At the moment Elena Sidorenko works with educational programs developed by her own:
- Transparent communication in the organizations
- Personal influence and resistance to the influence of others.
- Organizational loyalty development
- Leadership and manager’s practical skills
- Training methodology
- New trainings creation methodology
Elena Sidorenko is author of many published books:
- "Inferiority complex and early memories analysis in Alfred Adler’s concept" (1993)
- "Experience of reorientational training" (1995)
- "Methods of mathematical treatment in psychology" (1996)
- "Motivational training" (2000)
- "Training on influence and resistance to the influence of others" (2001)
- "Training on communicational competence in business interactions" (2002)