Assistant Professor of Finance and Accounting
Assistant Professor of Finance and Accounting, Charles University in Prague, Deloitte Corporate Chair
- Assistant Professor of Finance and Accounting, Charles University in Prague,Deloitte Corporate Chair
- European Accounting Association Workshop on Publishing in InternationalAccounting Journals, Invited Speaker
- Ph.D. Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden Thesis: “On the importance of accounting information for stock market efficiency”
- M.Sc. Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden Thesis: “Tacit finance — investigating the impact of tacit knowledge on finance”
- University of Economics, Prague, Czech Republic major: finance and accounting
Area of competence:
Financial Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis, Company Valuation, Corporate Finance/Financial Management, Financial Markets
Jiri is an Assistant Professor at Charles University in Prague and the Deloitte Corporate Chair in Company Valuation. He is the head of the Department of Finance and Capital Markets.
Jiri defended his Ph.D. Thesis “On the Importance of Accounting Information for Stock Market Efficiency” at Uppsala University in March 2008. Jiri’s area of research interest is in empirical capital market based accounting research. Jiri analyzes the relevance of the structure of accounting information for stock market efficiency and investigates whether the adoption of new international accounting standards (IFRS) is informative about the value of companies.
Jiri currently teaches courses in Financial Management, Financial Accounting and Company Valuation and he is also responsible for supervising Master’s Theses in financial accounting, corporate finance, company valuation and financial markets.
Jiri enjoys world music and modern theatre. In his spare time he likes to play badminton and to swim.