EXECUTIVE MBA GENERAL MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME
THE TIMEFRAME OF PROGRAMME:
EMBA GM22 held in English: September, 22 2021 - summer 2023
EMBA GMR14 held in Russian: November, 24 2021 - summer 2023
FORMAT: 13 modules with 3-5 weeks breaks.
- Foundation (Program Orientation, Team Building and Group Dynamics) >>>
- Basics of team building and group dynamics
- Approaches to knowledge creation, critical analysis and interpretative skills
- Individual and team value of systemic and systematic learning
- Developing team creativity and collective decision making
- Financial Reporting & Financial Control >>>
• Financial statements
• Financial analysis and costing
• Management Control and Implementation of Strategy
• Financial information and improving the quality of management decisions
- Corporate Finance >>>
• Capital structure and capital budgeting
• Equity evaluation
• Risk management and returns
• Financing decisions
- Organizations, Change & Business Ethics >>>
• Organizational perspectives as foundations of organizational design
• Knowledge based HRM and theories of motivation
• Conducting effective change and sustainability
• Business ethics drawn from Swedish companies examples
During the module, the practical use of the knowledge already learned will be initiated through the additional course the SSE Live Change Project. The course includes analysis of one’s own company, search for bottlenecks and introduction of changes aimed at elimination or minimization of negative aspects.
- Strategy and Change Management >>>
• Modern strategy perceptions. Formulating and following a strategy
• Organizational conduct and evaluation of the capabilities and resources of the organization in light of strategic plans
• Skills and tools required to move from idea to action
• Improving business efficiency using strategy
- Marketing and Operations >>>
• Сoncept of thrift, methods and tools
• Adaptation of resource capabilities of the organization to the requirements of the external environment. Operational management models and their correlation to the strategy
• Creation and maximization of value supply through formation of attractiveness in the depths of the organization
• What are markets and market strategy? Psychology in B2B and B2C
- Strategic Leadership >>>
• Studying mechanisms of influencing your interlocutor and negotiation techniques
• Modern approaches to leadership
• Examining the characteristics of an effective leader
• Analysis of personal leadership skills and selection of tools for their development
- Business Context >>>
• Analysis of macroeconomic factors and their impact on businesses and financial system as a whole
• Actions to mitigate risks in developing investment plans, taking macroeconomic indicators under consideration
• Legislation and established business practices as factors affecting the company's growth and success
• Including global factors in local decision making
- Design Thinking and Business Analytics >>>
• Artificial Intelligence in organizations and new forms of data analysis
• Machine learning and neural network opportunities, data exchange within the organization and acceleration of information flows
• Creating additional value for customers through designing innovation solutions and design thinking
• Combination of technological capabilities of organization and innovative experiment
- Strategic Mindset and Innovation >>>
• Entrepreneurship and innovation of startups and senior companies
• Corporate entrepreneurship in light of information technology and digital business transformation
• Innovation management as a tool for company renewal
• Strategic innovations and breakthrough technologies
- Electives >>>
- Concluding module. Integrated learning experience. >>>
• Integration of acquired knowledge with practical experience of participants
• Experience of learning and summarising of EMBA program
• SSE Live EMT presentations
(**The list of courses can be changed on the rector's order)
Parallel Courses :
In each training module, you will be able to interact with your Program Director, who will give you comments on your current development process.
During the Leadership Intelligence track we provide diversity of skill seminars and workshops, group coaching and individual coaching.
Business Research Methods
A research method series will be conducted partially online and partially in the class from the very start of the program (modules 1 – 5). We will look at both qualitative and quantitative methods and the art of writing a good business report and a good research report.
This course is divided into two parts, the first of which is more application-oriented. You will develop not only a solution, but also ways to apply it, using materials obtained during the course. This first part will result in the report on the work done, pointing out the actual results as well as unpredicted problems that you had to face during the implementation phase.
The second part is a summary of what has been done and transforming of it into a set of practical recommendations based on theoretical models, scientific knowledge, and facts. The final document that you will need to present in front of the qualification board in Module 13 will constitute the outcome of your training and contribution to the business’ development.
Our EMBA program is built around SSE Live Change Project. It aims at implementing a change in a real organization. It is important that the change adds measurable value to the organization, constitutes a real improvement and can be done within the time scope of the change project.
SSE Live Executive Master Thesis (SSE Live EMT)
You will generalize the knowledge acquired during the change project and put it into a broader research perspective. In the master thesis, you will develop a research question related to your change project and answer the question based on previous research and your findings.